Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a Yoga Instructor who loves learning new things and sharing my thoughts and ideas. Mostly, I love hearing yours! So please feel free to comment on my posts or contact me directly! All feedback is welcome. But be nice :)

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

No Yoga = blah blah blah. Yuck.

I am writing this blog post in a very agitated state. Due to a shoulder injury, a stomach bug and a bout of laziness I haven’t hit my mat in over a week. How do I feel, you may ask? Let me tell you: I feel grouchy. Angry. Stiff. Sore. Tired. Irritated. Lazy. Unproductive. I have been sleeping. Procrastinating. Complaining. Wasting time. Watching too much TV. Eating junk. The list goes on and on. This all around funky mood I am in has got me thinking about all the good things I feel when I make it to my mat regularly. Or even occasionally! That list is also endless. But allow me to share a few. When I practice yoga….
  • My body feels well. My muscles, bones and joints feel strong and healthy.
  • I feel inspired. I want to do more, be better, live healthier and share that with the people I love.
  • My mind is a bit clearer. Just like everyone else I have tons of thoughts racing through my mind at any given moment: to-do lists, errands, meals to cook, places I have to go, etc. But when I make it to my mat on a regular basis it seems a little quieter up there, a little calmer.
  • I am a lot happier. My mood is elevated and I’m sure it doesn’t go un-noticed. I can turn into a bit of a monster when my practice goes out the window.
  • I am more patient with the people I love.
  • I have a greater desire to help others.
  • I feel more productive. There is nothing I like more then finishing an awesome yoga practice on a Saturday morning and realizing its only 10am.
  • I have more energy.
  • I complain a LOT less!
  • TV is a lot less appealing when you are feeling good in your body and therefore I watch less. I would rather be moving!
  • I have a desire to eat better. My vegetarian (mostly vegan) diet is pretty healthy as is, but at times I slip into a vicious sugar cycle where the more you eat the more you want! My practice gives me such a healthy feeling inside that I want to keep making healthy choices by eating more fruits & veggies!
  • I write more. When my practice takes a hit … so does my blog! Without yoga I have less to share. When I practice regularly, I write regularly!
I could go on, but we would be here all day. I hope that reading a few of the benefits I feel from my yoga practice encourages you to begin or continue your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment